What does the victory of Donald Trump mean for America and the cultural war?
Doug Casey ponders the influence of Trump the ways and means of America. “Will Trump winning mean a real change in direction for the US? Unlikely. Don’t mistake Trump for a libertarian. He has all kinds of stupid notions—torture as official policy, killing families of accused terrorists, and putting on import duties. He has no grasp of economics. He’s an authoritarian. His cabinet choices, so far, are all neocons and Deep State hangers-on. He’s likely to treat the US as if it were his 100% owned corporation.
On the bright side, he has real business experience—although of the kind that sees government as a partner. I doubt he’ll try, or be able if he does, to pull up any agencies by the roots. He’ll mainly be able to set the tone, as did Reagan. But, hey, something is better than nothing.”
For the rest of the story visit: http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/doug-casey-on-what-trumps-victory-means-going-forward
As you probably know…many liberals accuse Donald Trump and his supporters of racism…which is basically incorrect. Much of his support came from middle class white males. However, these disillusioned men didn’t vote for him because they possess some deep hatred for minorities. They’re not purposely igniting a cultural war. Many of them spend their weekends watching sporting events. They chose him because they’re tired of the Elite and its Soldiers screwing them…to the point where the middle class lifestyle the average male cherishes eventually vanishes.
Most men and women reside in the Hive Mind Mentality. The confiscatory monetary policies of the Federal Reserve System…and the disastrous economic and social policies of establishment politicians resulted in a partial awakening. People rise from their slumber when the pain becomes too unbearable.
In addition, we’re witnessing a cultural war. The values of liberals (progressives) and conservatives continue to widen…almost into hatred for each other. The election of Donald Trump won’t change the division of values. The cultural war might accelerate into extreme hate and disharmony. Let’s find out why.
Conservatives and Traditional Values
Let’s look at the values of most conservatives.
If possible, most of these men and women would bring back the world of Leave it to Beaver, the Andy Griffith Show, the Donna Reed Show, Ozzie and Harriet and Father Knows Best. Those are what you call clean, wholesome family shows…and they were quite good. Critics claim the shows didn’t represent reality.
How about the days of American Graffiti…and the music of superstars such as Elvis, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Pat Boone, Ricky Nelson, Brenda Lee, Connie Francis, the Platters, the Chordettes and many more. The music was quite exciting and revolutionary for its time. It changed the music scene…forever.
Those were the days people moved to America’s suburbs and lived in virtually crime free neighborhoods. You could take a two week vacation, leave your doors unlocked and return home with everything intact. These were mainly all white neighborhoods.
You could experience the simplicity of the holidays…which included traditional ways of Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was probably less stressful…since buy, buy buy and buy more hadn’t entrenched itself in the American Way. Do you know who you can blame for rampant consumerism…the Federal Reserve System and their easy money BS. Sometimes less is more…especially when your possessions enslave you.
Back then the wife didn’t have to work. The husband’s job allowed him to support her and the kids. Fed polices and government interventionism destroyed that lifestyle. Now both partners have to work just to make ends meet. Still, it makes you wonder how many women felt unfulfilled…because they didn’t indulge in productive work that allowed them to live with purpose. Conservatives claim your husband and kids should be your life’s purpose. What happens when they’re gone?
You had the Ford and the Chevrolet, Norman Rockwell, Church on Sunday…and a certain modesty in appearance and action. Since the Sexual Revolution hadn’t arrived, some men and women might have suffered from sexual repression. Maybe it was only the Missionary style for these folks.
If possible, most conservatives would love to return to the traditional values of 50’s and early 60’s. When looked at in retrospect, it seems quite innocent. Much of it appeals to me…but not all of it. Unfortunately, it allowed no room for non-traditional lifestyles. Most people frowned on the idea of “Different strokes for different folks.”
Many of them probably voted for Donald Trump…even though you couldn’t classify him as a 50’s kind of guy. We can guess anything was better than Hillary. The cultural war must continue since conservative values completely oppose liberal values.
Liberals and Progressive Values
Liberals see themselves as intelligent, progressive men and women. They see Donald Trump as some ignorant, reactionary bigot. Bring in the new…since the old discriminated against minorities and anyone else who preferred an alternate lifestyle. Why these misguided men and women voted for Hillary Clinton boggles the mind…since she represents the old, crony school of politics.
- Liberals demonstrate a global instead of a national outlook in social and economic affairs. Now if we could enjoy unhampered free enterprise…that would be fine and dandy. Bye, bye poverty.
Unfortunately, most of them wouldn’t recognize a law of human action (economics)…if it was placed in a Dick and Jane first grade reader. Because of their anti-capitalistic views…the type of globalism we receive with their policies resembles a fascist, totalitarian government…and its intolerance with dissenters. That means the cultural war goes on and on.
- Their politically correct crap really puzzles me. Some were 60’s love, sex and rock ‘n’ roll hippies. The establishment consisted of fascist pigs. The philosophy of free speech carried the day. Apparently the liberals sold out…since these men and women now support fascist economic and social policies and repression of free speech.
- They love to play the race card. The problem. Instead of dividing everyone into black, white, oriental, Latinos etc….how about looking at each person as a unique individual. In addition, the individualistic view allows anyone to live an alternative lifestyle…as long as he or she doesn’t violate another person’s life, liberty and property. Unfortunately, that notion exceeds the capacity of someone who embraces socialism and communal living.
- Liberals seem to want to blur the distinction of the sexes. It’s one thing to disregard Economic Law because of ignorance…but to blow-off biological law smacks of insanity. It’s quite disgusting to believe heterosexual men should act more feminine and straight women more masculine. However, we need to face the fact…reality demonstrates a certain percentage of men and women are gay. As unique individuals they possess a right to self-determination. It’s oppressive to force them act contrary to their best interest. It’s time to legalize and decriminalize all voluntary exchanges.
- Liberals see traditional values as square and outdated. This myopic view ignores the fact…some wisdom remains timeless. For instance…the laws of human action (economics) are valid through eternity. The only event that could change that…is if we evolved into non-human beings. In today’s environment anything goes…even if it violates logic and reason. And you wonder why everything is such a mess…on the verge of a collapse. Donald Trump inherited an impossible situation.
Some progressive values have validity. Everyone has the right to express his or her sexual preferences. You own your life and body…so you it’s up to you what you consume and don’t consume.
Mother Earth means a lot to some of us. Certainly, we don’t want to destroy it through pollution, wasting scarce resources and war.
Can you see the problem. Liberals believe in government solutions…which is an illusion. Governments exist by accumulating power…and causing division, death and destruction. People are quite capable of solving problems…without dictatorial decrees. That’s why we need unhampered free enterprise…laissez faire capitalism.
As an Integrated Individual, you Master the Social Maze by seeing through political and social illusions…and the stupidity of a cultural war.
RA Meyer – Master the Social Maze